Misspelling Mayhem

    I've featured a few misspelled tattoos before, but I think it's time we did a feature on them. Again, if you're going to emblazen yourself permanently with something, you should at least run it through spell check. And as always, it's a toss up for who's stupider... the tattooer or the tattooee. Surely someone along the way should have realized they spelled it rong.



    A fairly common mistake. I made it myself. In middle school.
    While I fully agree with this statement, I also agree with the purchase of dictionaries.

    Does what

    And the language!


    I wonder what the hero dropped


    Too dumb to spellcheck
    I've gotta wonder if he did it on purpose.




    Aside from the tackiness of using pop song lyrics in tattoos, there's also the literacy aspect.


    And neither do you!



    He should have sacrificed a few seconds to look in the dictionary.

    And perhaps the most famous misspelled tattoo of all:


    In case you missed the story, a dude sued over the misspelling of his "Chi-Town" tattoo, which in itself is nothing to look twice at, but in support of the tattoo artist, all the other artists in the shop ALSO got tattoos that said Chi-Tonw on them, and now it's kind of a fad, and people all over proudly walk around with tatts that deliberately read "Chi-Tonw." Ah, memes in the real world

Blog Archive

Popular Posts